Sorry for the messy hair, pictures are taken after my shower, without combing my hair, its bedtime in fact so eating my bird nest before i sleep. I love bird nest because its sweet and of course beneficial to our skin.The better quality ones are pricey and have to brew it yourself but i love the pre -pack ones which i store in the fridge and can pour out to be consumed any time of the day. Found an article from a website the benefit below.
Benefits of Bird's Nest
The benefits of consuming bird's nest is that they are able to nourish the yin, strengthen kidneys, alleviate the yang, advance spleen and moisten lungs.
Bird's nest contains plenty of natural nutrients and mineral such as high water-soluble glycoprotein, calcium, iron, iodine and vitamins.
Some of the function of the bird's nest according to the chinese medicine practitioners are:
- Enhancing the rebirth of cells and tissues(Epidermal growth factor) .
- Improving the immune system functions of our body(strengthening ones body regulating actions and resistance to diseases).
- Preventing cancer and aiding in the treatment of cancer patients.
- Improving heart functions and reducing blood pressure.
- Regulating internal fluid supply.
- Healing illnesses such as chronic influenza, cough, asthma or throat infection.
Pregnant woman who consume bird's nest during pregnancy will help improve their health and benefit the foetus. It also help in post natal recovery better.
Woman who consume bird's nest regularly will result in younger, fairer skin that look radiant.
Children who consume bird's nest regularly will enhances their immune system, building up their resistance against flu and common cold.
Elderly who consume bird's nest will help to clears phlegm, strengthen lungs and kidneys, improves spleen as well as enhancing one appetite.
Men who consume bird's nest will improves kidney and strenghten lungs.